Click on Image to Play Slideshow
#abbozz Cover Design Selection Rules & Conditions:
To participate, you should send all of the following by email to email@example.com, with #abbozz in the Subject line, by not later than the 31st October 2013:
- your cover design, as per the specifications detailed below and in the project brief, supplied as high-res PDF spread including crop marks,
- your full details (name, address, email, contact number).
To be eligible, cover designs need to conform to the rules, conditions and specifications hereunder:
You are requested to create a cover design for the manuscript indicated by Merlin, as per the brief provided.
The brief, including all details of the manuscript in question, a sample extract, technical specifications for preparation of artwork, and ancillary files, is obtainable from Merlin by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a copy of the #abbozz cover design brief.
The cover design artwork or a variation thereof cannot have been utilised in any other project, whether commercial or educational.
By submitting your cover design artwork for this competition, you are accepting the following conditions:
- four (4) out of the submitted artworks will be shortlisted, by Merlin’s production team, for the Cover Design Selection final event,
- the designer of the winning artwork will be awarded a project commission by Merlin Publishers, within twelve (12) months from the date of announcement of the winner, for the design of a book cover on a project of Merlin’s choice (not necessarily the project in the competition brief),
- the said project commission will be undertaken under the direction of Merlin’s Art Director, and will be subject to final approval by Merlin’s production team,
- the said project commission will be remunerated by Merlin Publishers as per Merlin’s standard cover design rates,
- the copyright of the cover design created for the said project commission remains with the designer, however Merlin Publishers retain all rights to utilise the cover for any marketing purposes whether related to the book in question or not, as well as to adapt the design for ancillary point-of-sale material.
All decisions pertaining to the competition and to cover design selection, made by Merlin’s production team as well as by the panel of judges and audience at the final event, are final, and any outside-our-control technical glitches with the live audience voting process at the final event will not lead to invalidation of the result.